Come join your friends and neighbors for the main event of the Fall Season in Manordale.
Archive for August 29, 2015
MWCA Monthly Meeting
August 17, 2015
Margaret Rywak Community Building
1) Approval of July’s Minutes
2) Financial Update
3) Building Update
4) Constitutional Review
5) Corn Roast Update
6) Bulletin Board Update
7) New Business
MWCA MONTHLY EUCHRE
Come join us on Friday August 21 at 7:30 PM
at the Manordale Community Building for a friendly game of euchre.
Admission is $5.00, refreshments are available, prizes awarded, all are welcome.
Hope to see you there! Don’t forget to invite your friends.
Since August 5th there has been 4 reported break and enters in the Woodvale/Manordale community (Wolverton Cres and Charing Rd). It appears suspects entered through unlocked shed/garage doors.
No suspect information available
What can you do – Safety Tips:
- Lock all doors and windows (including sheds, garages and fenced gates)
- Install deadbolts locks on all exterior doors and other entrances into the home from the garage or basement. Install Charlie bar on sliding patio doors.
- Use curtains on basement and garage windows to prevent others from shopping for goods.
- Keep tools, ladders, garbage pails and other material locked away. These can be used by suspects to gain entry into your home
- Keep bicycles, barbecues and lawnmowers and snow blowers securely stored.
- Ensure you have adequate exterior lighting (consider installing motion lights)
- Inform trusted neighbors or relative of your vacation plans and where you can be reached. Leave a key with them so that they can check your home and pick up your mail
- Leave your home with a lived-in-look. Use automatic timers to turn on lights.
- Report any suspicious people or activity in your neighborhood by calling 613-230-6211
The Greenbank CPC offers free home security inspections. Please call if you would like more information about this service.
Cst Sue Wright
Greenbank Community Police Centre
Tel: 613-236-1222 ext. 2179
Greenbank Road Sanitary Sewer Replacement Project
· Project Name: Greenbank Road Sanitary Sewer Replacement Project
· Location of Work: approximately 445 m north of Hunt Club Road (adjacent to the Police Station).
· Description of Work:
Replace approximately 26 m of sanitary sewer pipe running across Greenbank Road.· Description of Need:
This section of sanitary sewer pipe is on the City’s Special Cleaning list. The cleaning equipment used to clean the sewer pipe had to be excavated in September 2013 when the cleaning jet became lodged in a void in the pipe. This section of sewer needs to be replaced.
· Timing of Construction Work:
o Construction is planned to begin in August 2015 and is planned for completion before Labour Day 2015
o Lane reductions limiting traffic to one lane in each direction will be required for a period of approximately 2 weeks
· Night work and work on weekends will be required to advance the work so that lane reductions can be removed within the timeframe noted above.