Since August 5th there has been 4 reported break and enters in the Woodvale/Manordale community (Wolverton Cres and Charing Rd). It appears suspects entered through unlocked shed/garage doors.
No suspect information available
What can you do – Safety Tips:
- Lock all doors and windows (including sheds, garages and fenced gates)
- Install deadbolts locks on all exterior doors and other entrances into the home from the garage or basement. Install Charlie bar on sliding patio doors.
- Use curtains on basement and garage windows to prevent others from shopping for goods.
- Keep tools, ladders, garbage pails and other material locked away. These can be used by suspects to gain entry into your home
- Keep bicycles, barbecues and lawnmowers and snow blowers securely stored.
- Ensure you have adequate exterior lighting (consider installing motion lights)
- Inform trusted neighbors or relative of your vacation plans and where you can be reached. Leave a key with them so that they can check your home and pick up your mail
- Leave your home with a lived-in-look. Use automatic timers to turn on lights.
- Report any suspicious people or activity in your neighborhood by calling 613-230-6211
The Greenbank CPC offers free home security inspections. Please call if you would like more information about this service.
Cst Sue Wright
Greenbank Community Police Centre
Tel: 613-236-1222 ext. 2179